One of my favorite things about Asheville is all of the wonderful restaurants, breweries, and chill places to kick back with friends and family. There are just. so. many. wonderful. options. Here are some of my top picks!
1. Limones - Favorite anytime restaurant. Brunch is pure bliss, dinner never disappoints. Inventive Mexican cuisine in a setting that makes me feel like I'm transported to another country. Fresh ceviche and colorful entrees that delight.
2. Doc Chey's - Best value for dinner. Doc Chey's serves all of my Asian favorites, flawlessly executed at around $10/entree. Where else can you feast on Szechuan beef, featuring meat from Asheville favorite, Hickory Nut Gap Farm? It's worth the wait, but I prefer to go solo and grab a seat at the bar.
3. Nine Mile - Chill spot for a date night or dinner with friends. The vibe here is Jamaica meets Appalachia and the food is so delicious. 'Natty Bread' while you wait for dinner, great wine and beer list, fresh salad with 'His Majesty's' sesame/tahini dressing, and generous portions bursting with flavor. Also a great value.
4. Posana - My pick for brunch when hosting out of town guests. The wait time is usually reasonable compared to brunch hot spots like Sunny Point. The atmosphere is fabulous. I would call it industrial glamour, and it makes me feel like I'm big city living. Simple, yet adequate brunch menu, perfectly executed, at a great price. Fun place to cozy up at the bar after a night on the town.
5. 67 Biltmore - Shh...keep it on the down low! They serve breakfast and there is never a wait to sit! With a neighborhood feel, this upscale cafe is a great way to start the weekend or make Monday more bearable. Plus - they have a great selection of ready made dishes and make wonderful sandwiches. Eat breakfast then grab a sandwich and hit the Parkway for a long hike. I think they're closed on Sundays, so check the hours before you go.
6. Catawba Brewing Co. - Go-to meeting place for beer with friends. It's centrally located among the South Slope favorites and has a fun atmosphere. Sometimes there's live music, they have a food truck out back, ample space indoors and outside, and TV's at the bar so you won't miss 'the big game.'
7. Buxton Hall Barbecue - Melt in your mouth Barbecue. Literally. It's amazing. Cool place to nosh and feel a little hipster. The buttermilk fried chicken sandwich steals the show. Trust me, you will love it. Go early on the weekends to avoid a long wait, or sit next door at Catawba and the wait will fly by.
8. Burial Beer - Love this brewery. Creative beer selection that actually tastes good. The recent renovation to their outdoor area makes this a great sunny day hang out, or early evening spot. Awesome place to enjoy beer and live music with your dog and/or friends and family.
9. 5 Walnut - Wine bar bliss. This place has everything I'm looking for in a wine bar. Fantastic selection of wine and small beer list for those who don't love wine (how can you not?!). There is live music every night and the bands are so stinking good. The vibe screams European artist cafe and people of all ages flock here.
10. Imperial Life - Swanky cocktail lounge. Great intimate place to have a custom crafted beverage. The vibe is industrial swank and the bartenders are serious. If you’re lucky, DJ Zati might be spinning, turning this spot into a dance party!